This is a mild Dahl and is my almost 4 year old daughter’s favourite, she will eat bowls and bowls of it!
- Sauté 2 crushed garlic cloves in 1 tablespoons of olive oil, then add one chopped onion and cook until the onion softens.
- Add 1 tablespoon of curry powder and mix through
- Add I cup of dry red lentils and stir for a minute
- Add 2 and a half cups of water, 2 bay leaves and 1 cinnamon stick (or a few dashes of ground cinnamon)
- Bring to the boil, then turn down low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add 410g tin of tomatoes (chopped or crushed, doesn’t really matter)
- Add 1/3 cup of coconut milk (or soy, or rice… whatever you have)
- Bring back to the boil, then turn down and simmer for another 15 minutes, string occasionally
- Remove leaves and cinnamon stick and serve with brown rice